Amy shares information on soapmaking, whipped shea butters, lip balms, lotions, selling at the farmer's markets, her business and her family. If you are not following her, I recommend that you do. She's a sweet person with lots of knowledge.
Blog: Click here
For those of you that are not familiar with this viral award, the "winner" is supposed to pass the love on to her favorite blogs. Being a blog fiend (I read a lot of blogs), I always check out those blogs recommended by others. I have found many great ones that I would not have found through mere searches. So I was quite surprised when I stumbled on my own blog on Amy's list to receive the Beautiful Blogger Award. And I can't thank Amy enough, not only for being a follower, but for acknowledging my little space on the web. Thanks, Amy!!
So here's how it works:
- Thank the person who nominated me for this award.
- Copy the award & place it on my blog.
- Link to the person who nominated me for this award.
- Tell us 7 interesting things about yourself.
- Nominate 7 bloggers.
- Post links to the 7 blogs I nominate.
1. I have 2 younger brothers and am born and raised in South Florida. I'm married and have a 9 year old daughter, who is a fabulous dancer.
2. I love photography and scrapbooking. I hoard paper products. If it's really nice paper, I have to have it, and I hate to share it.
3. I want a farm with lots of sheep and other animals on rolling hills, but not so far from the ocean that I would not be able to drive to it in an hour.
4. I live less than 1 mile from the ocean which I love, yet I rarely go. Besides being too busy half the time, I am afraid of sharks. Yet my fear of sharks has spurred me to learn a lot about them. I can ramble off all kinds of facts and identify a good number, but that doesn't make the fear go away, especially since I can see them in the water once in awhile.
5. I love to travel and I have gotten the chance to see some amazing things in my lifetime so far. For example, I once camped on the shores of Loch Ness in Scotland on the longest night of the year. We wore sunglasses until 11PM. We didn't see Nessie, but we did see a seal.
6. I've never seen snow. Well I did see a light drizzle once, but when I went outside in the morning - nothing. No snowball fights, snowman, and sledding. I feel a little deprived.
7. I have a long list of things to do before I die. Some of them are quite unusual like drive a semi truck or swim with dolphins (kind of goes against my fear of sharks, I know). They are just little experiences that I wish I could try sometime in my lifetime. I hope I get to most of them.
Now what you have really been waiting for - 7 Beautiful Blogger Award Winners...
Let me first explain, I follow an awful lot of blogs in several different categories. So since this award was given by a fellow soapmaker, I will pass the award to seven soap related blogs. Now there are many soap blogs that are very good, but I can only choose 7, so I'm going to pick the ones that I go and check daily when I don't have time to check all of the blogs. That's not to say that I am not an avid follower of the others. In fact, for a full list of soap blogs I follow, check out my blog roll.
I would have chosen Great Cakes Soapworks for sure, but since she already received the award, I can narrow the list down more. I selected blogs that are updated fairly regularly and include info for the soapmaker.
Blogs I love:
1. Amber's Ambry - So much more than soap, Amber includes everything you can imagine about homemaking - she makes soap, she cooks and bakes, she quilts, knits, gardens, and loves sharing vintage finds. She also has lots of pictures for those of you with a short attention spans.
2. Annie's Goat Hill Handcrafted Soaps - Mary posts about soapmaking, raising dairy goats, running a small business, her speaking engagements, life on a farm, and more. She has a lot of wisdom in the goat's milk soapmaking arena.
3. Lilith's Apothecary - Sarah is studying to be a certified Herbalist and has a wealth of knowledge in herbs and natural products. She shares recipes, herbal wisdom, and lots of related information on her blog. Lots of great photos, too.
4. The Natural Beauty Workshop - Recipes, recipes, recipes. Emmy always has great natural product recipes and information on ingredients on her site as well as some industry news. She is the owner of From Nature With Love, and this blog is a great compliment to her soap supply business.
5. Soap and the Finer Things in Life - The title sums it up. Anne-Marie, AKA the Soap Queen, discusses everything - business, tutorials, recipes, her travels and business contacts and so much more. Anne-Marie owns Brambleberry for soap supplies and openly shares a lot of soapmaking information regularly.
6. The Soap Bar - Joanna started out as a soap reviewer and now makes lovely soap herself, among other products. She reviews soaps, highlights great products and shares a very down to earth approach to life. The best part about Joanna is her sense of humor and the endless soap porn she includes on her blog.
7. Soapylove Daily Ditties - This is for all you melt and pour fans. Debbie shares all kinds of tutorials on melt and pour soaps and has even written a great book on the subject. She always has creative ideas, which can sometimes be applied to other types of products.
Wow, that was much harder than I thought. There are so many more I wish I could include. If you love reading blogs, I highly suggest you browse through my blog roll and see the many wonderful soapmakers I currently follow. I do update this list fairly often as I find new bloggers, so you may want to periodically check back.
Do you have a soap or body product blog not on my blog roll? Post it here and I will include it on my list.
The Bonnie Bath Co.
Natural, handmade bath and body products